Help For Those Who Are Struggling

Waverley Borough Council can offer advice and assistance, including information about Winter Support Grants and links to other benefits. Please look at its Coronavirus Advice section here:

Waverley Citizens Advice can also offer advice of employment, benefits, paying bills, housing issues and relationship breakdowns. Its office is closed under the new lock-down but its website has a full list of contact details for help by phone or email.

The Godalming Foodbank can be found at St Mark’s Church Community Centre. Details are here:

The Godalming and Villages Community Store can be found at

The Rotary Clubs of Godalming have established a support fund, and it will consider applications from groups and individuals. For more information and an application form please see here:   

The Hambledon Community Fund, which operates under the umbrella of the Community Foundation for Surrey, will consider applications for help from within the village. Please see the following statement: 

“HCF is an endowment fund which villagers have generously donated to over the last decade and it generates funds which are used to support our community making the village a better place to live in. To date over £30,000 has been generated and given to village organisations including the shop, village hall, church, football club, cricket club, heritage society and festival association. The Covid 19 pandemic will have a big impact on many villagers and HCF is ready to help village organisations get through the coming months and also financially support the wonderful initiatives started to help those in need. HCF will now consider requests for core costs support for village organisations as well as supporting their specific projects. Grants are not huge but they can make a big difference in tricky times supporting the existing village organisations and wonderful new initiatives helping through the Covid 19 outbreak.  If you would like to discuss a possible grant or send a donation to HCF please do get in touch”

Hambledon and Busbridge churches also operate a charity that exists to give financial support those in hardship. Please visit

Hambledon Parish Council administers a small fund received annually from the Henry Smith Charity. This may be of help. Please contact, in confidence, either the Parish Clerk   
or 01428 683903; Mary Grove – or 01483 415815, or Sean Sinnott or 07767 481282  We will do our best to help.

Help and advice is available from Surrey County Council. Details of its Surrey Crisis Fund can be found here:

Or visit and insert the words I Need Help in the search bar.

The Community Foundation for Surrey launched a county-wide Coronavirus Response Fund at the start of the first lock-down and has kept it going ever since.

On application, the fund can be used to give financial assistance to Surrey charities and local voluntary groups as they face up to the demands and challenges relating to the Coronavirus pandemic.

More details can be found here:



Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments