Hambledon Jubilee 2-5 June Walking Treasure Hunt Answers
2. Absolute Security
3. 250 Years old approximately.
4 Alfie Hammond kindly donated the bench 41 Years ago to replace one given by Vera Alfrey .
5. A bat.
6. A H Van Gruizen ( who was Lord of the Manor ) for George V’s Silver Jubilee in 1935.
7. Waverley B.C. and Hambledon Parish Council in 2002.
8. DORA Cottage and eight steps .
9. Put up in Edward VII’S short reign between 1901and 1910.
10. REGAL Security . 11. Apples – Russett and Bramley .
12. To keep rats and mice from entering the granary.
13. One of a pair of mill stones for grinding grain.
14. Arrives 14.31 pm so 46 minutes.
15. Bench says 1902 so the Hall is 120 Years old this year.
16. Elstead Sharks Football Club.
17. G= Green.
18. A Horseshoe above the door.
Hambedon Jubilee 2-5 June 2022 Cycling Treasure Hunt answers .
1. 1786 Bramley , Dunsfold , Chiddingfold and Hambledon parishes .
2. Grange Terrace E F .
3. Waterloo ie 1815.
4. Admers Cottage Hercule Poirot David Suchet.
6. Absolute Security .
7. Peace Through Christ . The tree is approx 100 Years old.
8. Oliver Cottage.
9. A Bat.
10. A H Van Gruizen for George V’s Silver Jubilee in 1935.
11. Waverley B C and Hambledon Parish Council in 2002.
12. E M Read who died at 101 years old.
13. Eight Humans , Three “green Men “ and some animals .
14. The Old yew has been dendrochronically dated to approx. 800ad .
15 The Pound , its purpose was to keep stray animals until their owner had paid a fine for their release.
16. Edward VII reined between 1901 and 1910 so between 112 and 121 years old .
17. Elstead Sharks Football Club.
Thank you for taking part, we hope you enjoyed the Treasure hunt and learnt a little about the history of the Village .
The Winner will be contacted in W/C 6 June .